Li2’s 3D Workshop will introduce you to the exciting world of Three-Dimensional Printing. It is a two day workshop which involves designing and printing 3D models using additive manufacturing technology. This workshop will introduce 3-D printer software. which is an open source 3D modeling software to the students and India’s first desktop 3D printer designed by Brahma3.
3D printing technology is used for both prototyping and distributed manufacturing with applications in architecture, construction, industrial design, automotive, aerospace, military, engineering, civil engineering, dental and medical industries, biotech and many more. Besides, the hardware and the software are open-source and there is plenty of information available online through an active community.
- The main concepts covered in the workshop are:
- 3D printing technology and General Principles of 3D Printing.
- Various Additive Manufacturing processes.
- Rapid Prototyping.
- Fused Deposition Modelling.
- Types of 3D Printers and Architecture of Desktop 3D printers.
- How to Build a 3D printer (insights of Brahma3 Anvil).
- Toolbox for custom objects design.
- 3D Modelling.
- 3D printing materials.
- Rapid prototyping and rendering 3D model for printing.
- Slicing a 3D model into 2D layers.
- 3D printing applications.
Hands-on session will include
- Design a simple hollow cube
- Rendering hollow cube for 3D Printing
- Designing a simple gear set
- Designing a 3D character
- Shading and slicing a 3D model
- Mesh and path planning of 3D printer machine
- Printing a cube/gear 3D Model using Brahma3
- Printing a creature 3D Model
*Avail special prices on 3-D printing your designs.